Welcome to University Palms Apartments
University Palms features furnished apartments with dorm style and single occupancy bedrooms. We are the only student housing located directly across from the University of Hawaii-Hilo campus making it easy for students to come and go between classes. Perfect for the students who want the convenience of campus life, both scholastic and social. You will meet a lot of new friends since we are exclusively a UH-Hilo student housing facility.
Recently renovated — Available year round
- We have fully furnished 2 and 4 bedroom apartments; Each 2 bedroom apartment has 1 bathroom, 1 living room and a full kitchen. Each 4 bedroom apartment has 2 bathrooms, 2 living rooms, and a larger kitchen with 2 refrigerators. Bedrooms will be furnished with and double or twin bed for the single occupancy and dorm style are furnished with two double or twin beds in their private area of a bedroom. All bedroom areas come with a desk, chair, dresser, and closet areas and are fully carpeted. Living rooms include sofa, chairs, dining table, cable TV, TV Stand and a lamp. Each apartment has plenty of light with windows in the front and in the bedrooms as well. Your electricity, water and gas are also provided. The only things you will need are personal items, bedding, linens, cooking and dish ware. New bedding may be provided for an additional $ 50.00.
- Parking on the property is available for an additional $175 per semester for covered parking and gated parking.
- We have a live resident assistant to help provide a safe quiet atmosphere for all.
- Each student is eligible to enroll in a meal plan available through the University cafeteria at an additional charge. Information on the meal plan will be provided on request.
- High-speed wireless internet access site wide
- Laundry facilities are provided on the first and third floors.
- Deadbolt locks on each entry door and bedroom door will enhance the secure nature of the building.
- Athletic facilities, theatre, dining spots, etc are available on campus. A convenience store is two blocks away and a major shopping mall is located within 1.5 miles.
- The entire property is secured with fencing and security entrance gate along with 24 hour security cameras.
For more information concerning available apartments and any other question, please contact the Managing Agent.
PO Box 1178
Kailua-Kona, HI 96745
Single Occupancy $3099.00 plus a $595.00 security deposit per semester.
Double/Dorm Style $2343.75 plus a $450.00 security deposit per semester. Payment may be made by credit card, bank check or money order, are accepted. If payments made by credit card there will be an additional 2% charge.
The leases for the apartments are for the school year. How ever students will not be responsible for the second semester if they have received on campus housing or no longer attend UH-Hilo. Rent to be paid in full for the semester (5 month term) prior to occupancy plus a security deposit. The summer term is also available at a discounted rate.
- Fall: August 1 to December 31
- Spring: January 1 to May 31
- Summer: June 1 to July 31